Sunday, January 11, 2015

Musing with Color Throwdown!

A quick card with a FUN technique

For this card I actually took a mini punch and
used it round the inside of the circle.
I have no idea how it worked.
I die cut the circle first, then
I just would punch, then I moved the punch where the
outside of the punch covered half of the punched out heart
so I could gauge to punch the same place.
I rounded the entire circle thart way.
I thought it would mess up actually... But it surprisingly
punch really close ..Wow... Happy Accidents.

---EDIT TO ADD how I did this below!!!

I just love Vicki's Bold card!!!




Supplies:
Lil Inkers Stitched Rectangles
Hero Arts Sending Love
Recollections Mini Heart Punch
MFT Stictched Circles Die
Neat and Tangled, & Misc Sequins.
Memento Tuxedo Black







Now it is your turn to get crafty!!!............

Thanks for coming by my blog!

Create, Enjoy
Live, Laugh
and 
LOVE!
------------------------

I used the 2.25' Circle from the MFT stitched set
hen I used a Michael's $1 bin mini heart punch.  
I punched the fist punch and then positioned the very outer edge so it covered half of the recently punched heart, 
I made sure I kept the punch pushed up against the opening and kept going all around this way. 
You will have an evenly spaced heart ring. 

Enjoy your crafty Day!



Mandalika said...

This is fabulous! I thought you had used a die for the centre, such a brilliant idea to use a punch (I would have totally messed that up!).

Karen M said...

Your card looks Amazing and I love all the hearts - you are very clever:) Hugs xx

Kim M said...

Love it! Great take on Vicki's card. Your punching turned out perfect!! :-)

Kristie Goulet said...

WOW! I actually thought the hearts were a die. Have you seen the new Penny Black die that is coming out? It looks just like what you did here. AWESOME job!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

WTG on the exceptional pinching! So even and inline -- well done mf! Thanks so much for joining me at Muse!

Rosemary said...

very clever and so fabulous, Kimberly!

OH Babs said...

OMG this a masterpiece.

~amy~ said...

Now how fun is this?!

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous Muse card Kimberly--love your design!

Erika said...

Congrats on your happy accident because it created a stunning card! Love it when things come out that way.

Ardyth said...

Your punching is perfect! I was wondering what die that was! Thanks so much for joining us at Muse this week!

Shelly said...

Such a sweet card, Kimberly! Love!

Karren said...

The heart punching worked out perfectly! Great job and a great card!

Unknown said...

kimberly, this is stunning! I love all the hearts <3 great job on the MUSE challenge! happy new year! hope it is a GREAT YEAR!
~tracey

Michelle said...

Love this! Such a cute design!

Becca Cruger said...

Giiiirrrrll - how you got all those hearts to line up so perfectly is beyond me! If I tried this it would have looked a hot mess. Somehow you always manage to be in my top 3 each week over at Muse. You've got talent in those crafty fingers!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fantastic card Kim. Love the little hearts framing the circle. Great shaker. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

Barb Ghig said...

I love this one, too! The sentiment is so lovely, and perfect with the bold red background! Stunning card, girl!

Monica Maier said...

Great card! love how have the hearts punched out around the circle!

donna mikasa said...

Fabulous! How did you know it was going to end up evenly like that? I know that if I tried this, it would be so lopsided! Well done, Kimberly!

Lisa Lara said...

Gorgeous card Kimberly. Love your technique.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Congrats on your CTD Win!!

Monika Reeck said...

Love your card and your idea Kimberly.. yeah happy that you have happy accidents Kimberly hihi :) funny to read your post...I love the vibrant red and all the sequin there...Clever card love love love!!

© wienerhoneymooners. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.