Monday, July 28, 2014

The Challenge #11 - We're Back!

We're Back!
Another Challenge at
"The Challenge" on Lesley Croghan's Blog 

This week again we have your choice, 
a sketch or a color combo
or both!

The wonderfully easy sketches of THE CHALLENGE, 
are the best and..
I get INSPIRED right away!
I am also so honored to team up in the inspiration with
these wonderful, fun, and vibrantly creative ladies!

Lesley Croghan  - Always Playing with Paper
Lori Tecler of Inking Aloud 
 - Jeanne Jachna of A Kept Life -


I hope that you are INSPIRED too!

I used the sketch and really wanted to showcase the 
bright pinks with turquoise and a pop of black.
I used white core paper that once
embossed, shows some of the white in the creases of the design.

You do have to be careful with white core paper it is frail once embossed.


Supplies:
Clearly Besotted Many Thanks
Memory Box Moonlight Butterfly Die
Martha Stewart Butterfly Trio Punch
DP 6x6 Little Azalea Embellish by Dena 
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Sizzix Border Scallop Die
DVWV Brights Mat Stack Papers
Memento Tuxedo Black
Mini Pearl Embellishments



The Challenge is a Sketch Card Challenge 
that is hosted biweekly by
Lesley Croghan on her Blog
Always Playing with Paper
I truly hope that you will be inspired and 
will join us!

-----------------
Thanks for coming by my blog!

Create, Enjoy
Live, Laugh
and 
LOVE!

-----------------
Where I buy Stampin' Up!

(HERE)

laurie said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors!

Mary said...

I like how lively these papers are and the sentiment is perfect. I agree White core is pretty delicate. I usually sand it to make it look like I wanted the white to show through...Very nice card.

~amy~ said...

so pretty, love the colors!

Leslie Germain said...

This card is beautiful! LOVE the colors and the sentiment!!

Lesley said...

Such a cool card! Love the colours you used and the texture on your card is fab, Kimberly!

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful card Kimberly, I love the papers and colours you used.

cm said...

Turquoise and red - such a vibrant combination - and adding the black accentuates them even more. Of course, we know I'm swooning over the butterfly! Beautiful card and a lovely inspiration for the sketch side of the challenge. Lesley's so fortunate to have you on board!!
Hugs~c

© wienerhoneymooners. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.