Sunday, March 30, 2014

The Making of Mother's Day Card - Sweet Life


The Making of a Mother's Day Card


Sometimes you have to just sit back and practice.
I am a Taurus peeps.
Strong willed, bull headed, head strong, though
creative and ..well IMPATIENT.

I really have no patience with stamps I have to align up.
Though I love them so.
I was smitten with this little picture in a shabby chic or vintage finds magazine.
Since I kept thinking about it, 
I decided to design a card based on the inspiration.

Yikes, I would need to use the Sweet Life PTI set.

Here is my first go at this design based on the inspiration pic below. I realize I want to add more greenery under the popped up cup...I will refine the design.
I loved, loved the teapot in the inspiration pic, 
though I do not have a teapot die 
(I ordered the Besotted one....)
Though for now, I can use my Memory Box Dainty Tea Cup

Oooooooooh I can't wait until I get the teapot DIE, it will look adorbs!!!
Uggghhhhh The agony..... LOL
Supplies:
PIT Sweet Life Set
Memory Box Dainty Tea Cup Die
Hero Arts Night Chalk Ink
Brilliance Pearlescent Sky Blue, Stampin' Up! Tempting Turquoise
Brilliance Mediterranean Blue, Heri Art Green Hills (Mini Shadow Ink Cube)
Versacolor Winters Green



Here is the Inspiration:
Sweet Isn't it!

Posting to:
Cute Card Thursday - Floral Delights
Crazy Challenge - Flower Frenzy
Pile It On! - Floral Fantasy
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything Goes


Create, Enjoy
Live, Laugh
and 
LOVE!



Kelly said...

oh my, so GORGEOUS! looks like it was store bought. the colors are so crisp and pretty!

Irish Cherokee said...

This card is beautiful. The coloring is exquisite. Love the blue roses and especially the one on the tea cup.

Shannon J said...

Absolutely stunning, Kimberly! Love that you took that beautiful inspiration and translated it into something even more beautiful and breath-taking!!

Deepti said...

Omg this is so stunning , I saw it and had to land up here. What a master piece, u actually recreated that cup from ur inspiration image :)

Mayras Designs said...

This sure is a stunning card ! The design and colors are gorgeous ! Thank you so much for joining us at Pile it On Challenges !

Jasleen Kaur said...

Oh my this is just DIVINE!! And what a beautiful sentiment :) You are an inspiration, Kimberly!

Nannieflash said...

A lovely idea to use a pattern on your own cut on a card. But Im not sure this really is about Spring Delights so wont be eligible for the draw in the Challenge. hugs Shirley.xxxx

~amy~ said...

Wow, you're seriously rocking my color world. Those blues are amazing!

Anonymous said...

Ohh, Kim, this just popped right out and I want to dive right in!! Those blues are amazing-- and the composition perfect!! Balanced and delicate. Just wonderful. I hope you are well and that we may meet up in April for a real time crafting day finally???!!

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS card, Kimberly! I love the vibrant colors and your pretty little tea cup tucked in between those stunning roses! I can't wait to see what you come up with when you get your CBS set :-)

Lori Turner said...

WOW, Kimberly! This card is absolutely stunning!! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxox

cm said...

Your blue roses nearly have me in tears - in a good way - because I've only seen them created by extraordinary people. That you would translate the inspiration image into something so gorgeous, so exquisite, so deeply touching, only makes sense. You are extraordinary; you are 'real'. You've sparked memories of my 'first' encounter with blue roses long ago (a sad occasion, but "joyously" significant nonetheless - perhaps a note to explain some day) that have me smiling! Yes, you are remarkable! Hugs~c

© wienerhoneymooners. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.